I am taking English 102 because I need to improve my writing skills. I suck at writing; because I believe I suck it makes it hard for me to focus and really say what I want to say. I also have a hard time supporting my ideas as well as keeping them tied. Starting a paper is something I really want to learn and develop as a skill. It is frustrating when papers are more than 3 pages long, because I struggle really hard and I lose my focus. By the end of this course I would love if I could write a paper without struggling as much as I do now. Another thing I wish to get out of this course is to be able to write more than five paragraphs and if I do write 5+ pages for the paper to be amazing. I want to be proud of my writing.
I also am taking English 102 because it is a requirement for some of my future courses. Being able to write formally is important because it is a way of effectively communicating with others. Every student should have to take English 102 because we encounter words in our every day activities. Having good writing skills helps a person in the “real world” when it comes to jobs. If I was an employer I would hire a person with great writing skills, rather than someone with just basic writing skills. My major is Business and Management and a few courses require this course; the actual field requires a lot of paper work, and meetings that have presentations. I can see as to why I would need to be a good writer, and if I want to own my own business I will do what I have to do, even if I have to write a million pages. Just kidding.
No comments:
Post a Comment